PENN STATE EXTENSION TO HOST PESTICIDE APPLICATOR EXAM ON APRIL 5TH
To become a certified pesticide applicator in Pennsylvania, passing a written exam is required. This exam will be offered at the Penn State Extension office at 7 Water Street in Coudersport on Wednesday, April 5th from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Anyone interested in either a private applicator license or a commercial/public applicator license should:
Step 1: Obtain a Pesticide Applicator Certification Study packet online at https://extension.psu.edu/certification-exam-study-materials or call Penn State Extension at 1-877-345-0691.
Step 2: Register to take the exam at the PaPlants Certification Exam search page https://www.paplants.pa.gov/PesticideApplicator/ExamSearch.aspx.
All exams require pre-registration through the PA Department of Agriculture. This can be done on the above website, or you can call the PDA regional office and ask for Jay Bagley (717-731-2463).
Step 3: On the day of the exam, make sure you bring the following:
- Government issued photo identification, i.e., driver’s license or two other forms of identification, such as a government issued document with signature (social security card, green card) or a document with name and address (utility bill, tax statement, personal check).
- #2 pencil and paper
- Private applicator packet – (private applicators have open book exams. Exam proctors have the right to review and reject all materials brought into the exam.)
- A simple calculator for math questions – phones are not allowed in the exam room
- Payment (there is only a fee for commercial and public applicator exams)
- Business license numbers if business is currently licensed
Examinees have three hours to take the exam which consists of 75 multiple choice questions. Exam results are received within 30 days.