Director of Maintenance
McKean County is seeking qualified candidates for the Director of Maintenance position.
Reporting to the Commissioners, responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide supervision and assistance for full-time maintenance staff and full-time
- Manage and direct work programs, PM and routine maintenance activities of buildings, plumbing systems, electrical systems, boiler systems, HVAC systems, landscaping/mowing, and snow removal programs.
- Coordinate and oversee the activities of all outside contractors.
- Maintain mechanical, plumbing, electrical, boiler systems and HVAC systems. Coordinate and order contracted services as needed to accomplish repairs not practical to be done by County maintenance.
- Manage and coordinate the County’s Safety Program and ensure County compliance with all relevant state and federal regulations and provide information on compliance to the Commissioners.
- Supervise and perform work requested or needed on work orders.
- Prepare plans, material lists and estimates for County renovation projects and new projects.
- Purchase supplies and equipment within the County’s purchasing guidelines.
- Maintain facility and custodial supplies.
- Maintain utility consumption records of all County facilities as to develop and promote energy saving programs.
- Prepare an annual maintenance expense/capital budget for the County.
- Prepare safety grants.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical education in applicable field or equivalent
- Five (5) years progressively responsible experience in facilities management and safety.
- Five (5) years or more experience in the operation of electrical system
and infrastructures, plumbing, building/construction, boiler systems and HVAC systems.
- Basic computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Salary Range: $47,000-$60,000 annually
Interested applicants are invited to apply by completing a McKean County job application and resume. Please forward it to: Michele Jubon, Human Resources Director, McKean County Courthouse, 500 West Main Street, Smethport, PA 16749 or emailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 8, 2023. We are an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.