Coudersport Public Library is seeking a part-time Library Assistant to assist with day-to-day operations.
Essential duties include:
• Assisting patrons with locating Library materials
• Recommending Library materials to patrons of all ages
• Circulation and shelving of materials
• Issuing Library cards
• Processing Interlibrary Loan requests
• Cataloging and processing new materials
• Answering telephone, internet and in-person inquiries
• Assisting patrons with basic technology-related issues
• Performing light housekeeping tasks as necessary
• Assisting at Library events during regular hours and after hours
• Carrying out cleaning and disinfecting protocols
• Presenting a positive, professional and pleasant demeanor
• Performing other duties as directed
Applicants should possess, at minimum, a high school diploma or GED; basic clerical skills and the ability to process information effectively using a computer; some knowledge of literature and willingness to discuss/recommend materials for all age groups; physical strength and dexterity to handle books and boxes, move loaded book carts and to place items on high and low shelves. This position involves daytime and evening hours, with weekend hours on a rotating basis. The successful applicant must possess, or upon notice of hire immediately obtain, current PA Child Abuse Clearance, PA Criminal Record Check, and FBI Criminal Record Check.
Interested persons may obtain an application at the Library, or submit resume, letter of interest and three references to Teri McDowell, Director, Coudersport Public Library, 502 Park Avenue, Coudersport, PA 16915. Please direct inquiries to the Library Director at 814-274-9382, or email email@example.com.